Skip to main content

Release Day and Review : Breaking You by J.L. Beck and C. Hallman


4/5 Stars 🌟

--“Sometimes the scariest monsters aren’t those that hide in the dark. Sometimes they’re the ones hidden right in plain sight… like me.”--

If you guys thought Parker was mean in Hating You (Blackthorn Elite Book 1) then you are not ready for Warren. 

When we first met Warren he seemed like he was a fun, cocky, flirty asshole but when he comes face to face with Harper a blast from his past a flip switches and we get a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde situation. He was Cold, Cruel, Vengeful and down right Nasty towards Harper and barely seem to show any remorse and HOLY FREAKING HELL did I enjoy it. Maybe a little too much really but this story was intriguing, captivating, super entertaining and sexy as hell

We slowly find out why Warren treats Harper the way he does and is it justified most definitely not but boy is it fun to read about. He is the ultimate Anti-Hero. It did take me a sometime to warm up to Harper as even though she had her sassy moments and stood up to Warren I do wish she would've fought a little harder against him but I understand given their past why she felt conflicted towards him and how he treated her. I loved their ending but there were a few minor scenes I'm hoping get explored/explained a little more in the next book. 

So far I'm loving this series but this is definitely not for everyone as it does tackle some triggering and hard to read topics so I would suggest taking caution before reading

Is it weird that im slightly obsessed with Warren even loved him when he was being horrible. Don't really know what that says about me 🙊🙊🙊

--"Warren wasnt prince charming. He wasn't a knight. He had become what true nightmares were made of. My Bully. My Monster. My Tormentor."-- 

《Book aesthetic made by me, I do not own the pictures, all found via pinterest》




They say there is always a calm before the storm. A time when you think you’re safe, protected from the destruction that you know is going to eventually come. Harper was that calm. And I? I was the motherfucking storm. 

As kids we were best friends. She was the light to my darkness. I used to protect her from her bullies, now I’ll become her most feared one. 

Seeing her for the first time after three years was like a bucket of ice water being poured on me. It chilled me to the bone, making me irrational, angry. No longer is she a little girl but a grown woman with curves and eyes that pierce my black soul. 

No one knows the darkness that lingers under the surface, all they see is my smile, my charismatic charm. I’m the all American golden boy. 

Having her back in my life is awakening something inside of me. She reminds me of everything good, everything I’ll never have and I refuse to let her stay. 

She has to go and the only person dark enough, dirty enough to scare her away is me… 

Breaking Harper isn’t as easy… I thought I knew everything, turns out others are just as good at hiding their secrets as I am. 

Damaged, dark and falling off the deep end. Will I break her? Will I break us?


**This is a standalone DARK bully romance. This book contains scenes that may be triggering to some readers. This is not a YA romance novel and should be read by those only 18+ or older. **

PURCHASE LINK 
Breaking You (Blackthorn Elite 2) // https://amzn.to/2r2GCdh 
Put It On Your TBR // https://bit.ly/2sBLG91 
Catch up on the series by starting with 
Hurting You (Blackthorn Elite 1) and read for free with KU! 

Comments