Skip to main content

Book Review : Corrupt by Penelope Douglas



- "Our scrapes and bruises, tattoos, scars, smiles, and wrinkles told our stories" -
3.5/5 Stars 🌟

Corrupt
is book one in the Devil's Night Series and is Rika and Michael's story. It's a Dark New Adult Bully Romance and after so many people suggested it to me I finally read it and woah what a ride. I enjoyed this book a lot. It was intriguing, captivating, entertaining, dark and super steamy. There were parts of the story that I felt dragged a bit and even though I enjoyed the story I didnt connect with the Main Couple as much as I would've liked. The story alternated between the present and 3 years prior and Rika's character is shown at both 16 and 19 and there were many times her age shone through which I feel is the reason I didnt connect with her at all but all in all I did enjoy this and I cant wait to continue this series with book 2

《book aesthetic made by me. I do not own any of the images, all found via pinterest 》

Comments