Skip to main content

Book Review : Frayed by Laura Pavlov


 4.25 Stars 🌟

Small town romances are my actual kryptonite and after seeing this gorgeous cover I just knew I had to read Frayed. I went into this book blind and ended up so pleasantly surprised. This book leaned a lot more YA than I was expecting but it cemented why I really do love YA as much as I do even though I'm way passed the age demographic.

This small town romance was sweet, innocent, heartfelt, satisfyingly frustrating, swoony, a little angsty and so very addictive. I loved so many of the characters (while also despising some). Adelaide & Jett were everything I was in the mood for and more. Addie had quite a lot of growing she did throughout the story & I enjoyed her development. I loved the friend group dynamic of the Magic Willows and it was so refreshing to read about characters who had a youthful charm and strong friendship even while they were going through a lot personally while navigating decisions that would help shape their future.

One of the stand out side characters for me was Addie's younger sister Clementine. Everytime she came on to the scene I couldn't help but smile. She was such a joy & I'm hoping she will get a story of her own somewhere down the line. I really connected with the way the story was written and even though this was my first Laura Pavlov book it definitely won't be my last.

《book aesthetic made by me. I do not own the pictures, all found via pinterest》

Frayed by Laura Pavlov 
Available to read for free in Kindle Unlimited



Comments