Skip to main content

Book Series Spolight and Reviews : The Slice Series by Teagan Hunter




5/5 Stars 🌟

▪▪▪ Because you and I, Wren, we’re bound to happen. Whether you want it or not, you have a piece of my heart, and I don’t want it back. ▪▪▪ 


Oh my heart. This was the cutest fluffing book I've read in a long time and I absolutely FLOVED it. I found myself smiling the whole way through. 



After reading Doughn't Let Me Go (book 3 in the slice series) I just new I had to go back and read the 1st two books. Im slightly ashamed to admit that these books have been on my TBR for months but hey it's ok because I finally read them and I honestly feel like this was the perfect time as I was looking for a fun, sweet and easy to read low drama book and thats exactly what this was.



Foster moves back to his hometown after a failed marriage and runs into Wren one of his childhood best friends and the girl he was madly in love with except sadly she had no clue. He also happens to be best friends with her twin brother Winston.



Wren was upset when Foster left 4 years ago without so much as a goodbye. He was like family after all so now that he is back in town she doesn't trust that he wont just up and leave again. After witnessing him on some disastrous first dates she decides to help him by going on some pretend dates with him so he can get back out there. But why does it feel like they're not pretending.



Ugh seriously I NEEDED this book so bad. It was so light and funny but still had a few more emotional and heart felt scenes. Foster and Wren had the best banter and amazing chemistry and listening to the way Foster feels about Wren in his inner dialogue had me swooning so hard. I loved these two so much as well as every single side character and could read about all of them and never get bored. Teagan is fast becoming a favourite author of mine and I will definitely keep reading any and all of her books.



《book aesthetic made by me. I do not own the pictures, all found via pinterest》



Book One
▪▪▪ BLURB ▪▪▪

Most people would probably be embarrassed to land themselves back in their hometown and working at a pizzeria after an ugly divorce. 


Not me. 



It’s home, and I have one last shot to make Wren Daniels see me as more than just her brother’s best friend. 



When the opportunity to show her what’s been right in front of her this whole time presents itself, I take it, holding nothing back this time. 



Wren thinks we’re pretending, but there’s nothing fake about the way I feel. 



After all, she’s always had…a pizza my heart


READ FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED OR PURCHASE HERE


4/5 Stars 🌟

▪▪▪ She’s a bitch to me, so I’m a dick right back. It’s how we work, how we’ve always worked. Why mess up a good thing? ▪▪▪


Ugh I'm so obsessed with this series and these character's. This is book 2 in the slice series and is about Drew and Winston who we met in book 1.



Drew is a single mother to 3 month old Riker. She's trying to make ends meet and provide a better homelife for her son than she had growing up. 



Winston seems to have it easy. He works at his dads pizzeria, has his own home, makes time for his passion photography and tends to do whatever he wants when he wants.



The only thing they have in common is that they both hate each other. Or so it seems.



▪▪▪ I’m starting to believe I’m trapped in a parallel universe or something because I can’t seem to keep my hands off Winston. I want to touch him, not just punch him. I want to be around him. Want to argue with him. Laugh with him. Simply sleep next to him. I just want to…be with him. It’s…weird, yet exciting. And so fucking scary. ▪▪▪ 



I loved these two so much. They are constantly butting heads, both just as stubborn as each other and both just as misunderstood as each other. They both have their own issues they are dealing with and are constantly pushing each other but it comes from a place that is so deeply caring. I loved their banter and their fire. They were both fiesty as well as sweet and every moment spent with Riker was so precious. 



《book aesthetic made by me. I do not own the pictures, all found via pinterest》



Book Two
▪▪▪ BLURB ▪▪▪

I hate Drew Woods, and she hates me.


Even so, I'm not the cold jerk most make me out to be, and I have no problem moving the single mom and her baby into my home. I do, however, draw a line when it comes to acting on the way her loose lips make me feel.



Alive.



She's too mouthy, too prying, and her curves are way too distracting.



I might have lost my way after a nearly fatal car accident, but I'm not stupid. Giving in to Drew would be a short-lived fix for this pain I'm saddled with, and I knead something permanent.



I'd be insane to think what we have could be anything other than temporary...right?


READ FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED OR PURCHASE HERE


5/5 Stars 🌟

▪▪▪ I like broken things, and I like fixing them. Fun
ny, because I’m broken too , but I can’t seem to ever get myself put back together just right. ▪▪▪

Oh my gosh i devoured this story. It was short, witty, steamy and packed with alot of heart

Porter is a single dad to 7 year old Kyrie and a very successful business man. After he moves to a small town on the east coast from California he needs to hire a nanny to help with his daughter. After having a one night stand with the woman he now wants to hire as a nanny as she is perfect for the job he must remain professional and try not to act on his impulses however hard that may be. He is strong, caring, compassionate and has a generous heart aswell as beung vaulnerble and having insecurities. His daughter Kyrie was such an amazing character and added to the story so beautifully

Dory is a young independent college student who did not have the best home life growing and wants nothing more than to become a social worker to help children stuck in difficult situations. She is trying to stay a float and making something of her life so when she applies for a job that sounds perfect and pays well she thinks this could be it, little does she know that she had a one night stand with her would be boss the other night. Dory is independent, funny, kind and sweet as well as guarded when it comes to letting people in

I loved Porter and Dory's dynamic and watching their relationship change and grow was such a joy to read. Their chemistry was amazing and everything about this story felt so natural and it was such an easy read

《book aesthetic made by me, I do not own the pictures, all found via pinterest》


Book Three
▪▪▪ BLURB ▪▪▪

It was just supposed to be one night.


No kissing. No feelings. A wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am tangle in the sheets and we go our own ways.

Only it’s a small town, and I was bound to run into the irresistible Porter Jones again.

I just didn’t expect it to be at my job interview…which he’s conducting.

Now the live-in nanny to his adorable seven-year-old daughter, I’m doing my best to avoid falling for his charms.

Except it’s much harder than either of us anticipated.

What’s a few romps between friends?
No kissing. No feelings. Just fun.

Sounds simple, right?
Right… 


READ FREE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED OR PURCHASE HERE

Comments