Skip to main content

Book Review : Prince of Hearts by LA Cotton



3.5/5 Stars 🌟

Prince of Hearts is book one in the Verona Legacy series and is a duet. This book can not be read as a standalone and ends in a cliffhanger. PoH follows Nicco and Arianna and is a Mafia romance with in influenced by Romeo and Juliet and heavily plays on the star crossed lovers aspect of it. The story is dark, gritty, suspenseful, passionate, dangerous but also slightly predictable. It started off a little slow for me but I still ended up enjoying this one.

Nicco is broody, cold, protective, caring, strong, rough yet also gentle. He is the epitome of Tall, dark and handsome. 

Arianna is sweet, kind, slightly naive at times but slowly opening her eyes to what is happening around her and realising who she can and can't trust. My heart broke for her with what she had to endure and not having too many people in her corner she could trust.

Nicco & Arianna had an instant connection and whirlwind of a romance which is to be expected in this type of story. They had heat, chemistry and passion as well as some frustrating and heartbreaking moments. This story was all about testing loyalties and fighting for what feels right.

I do wish the story would have had a few different approaches in regards to how the story played out as it was a little to predictable and similar to Romeo & Juliet so the Cliffhanger ending was something I was expecting. I'm really looking forward to part 2 and I'm hoping its darker, grittier & more passionate and that all the characters I love get everything they deserve with their much deserved HEA as well as the demise of the characters I absolutely hated.

《book aesthetic made by me. I do not own the pictures, all found via pinterest》



Comments